A Gantt Chart is a common project management tool that can be extremely useful. The classic SharePoint Tasks app has the ability to change your task list into a Gannt Chart by applying the Gantt Chart view. Learn how to apply video.
- [Instructor] We're here in our task list, … and when we scroll down we see our task list is once again … using the All Tasks view. … We see all of our tasks listed here in rows and columns. … We have the ability to change this view. … We have a lot of views available to us. … And in this movie we're going to look at changing this … to the Gantt chart view. … To do that we're going to go up to our LIST tab here, … and you'll see on the Manage Views section … it says All Tasks here under current view. … When we select the little dropdown to the right, … it says change view. … It gives us the option to change that view. … We click on that arrow and we have a list … of all of our other views. … And the one we want is a Gantt Chart. … And if you don't already know a Gantt Chart … is a very common, very typical thing in Project Management. … We're going to go ahead and click on that, … and it's going to give us a little, woop, there we go. … Now our Gantt Chart is pretty big. … And what I want to do is give us a little more …
Note: This course focuses on modern SharePoint sites built with the Communication template, but anyone using a classic site will be able to follow along.
- Comparing classic and modern sites
- Creating and editing tasks
- Adding tasks to the timeline
- Working with task views
- Adding meetings and tasks to the group calendar
- Adding a plan to your SharePoint site
Skill Level Intermediate
Business Apps for SharePoint Monthlywith Gini von Courter2h 29m Intermediate
SharePoint: Mobilizing Workflows with PowerAppswith Gini von Courter52m 16s Intermediate
Project Management Foundationswith Bonnie Biafore3h 20m Beginner
1. Classic vs. Modern Sites for Projects
2. The Tasks App
3. The Timeline
4. Task List Views
5. The Group Calendar
6. Add a Plan to Your Site
Next steps1m 3s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.