Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Export a list to Excel, part of Learning SharePoint Online.
- [Instructor] If we have columns and columns…and rows and rows of data, and need to run analysis on it,…the place that I want that data is in SharePoint,…and we can get there.…If I have a list in SharePoint…and want to send it to Excel,…I can click the List tab on the ribbon,…choose Export to Excel, and it says…this site says to export a list, you must have a…Microsoft SharePoint Foundation-compatible application.…First, I could say don't let the page create more messages.…I'm not going to do that…because I might have a message later I want,…but this message isn't a warning.…
It's not saying I don't have one.…It just says you need one.…It's like okay, that's cool, got it.…Click OK, and it says now what do I want to do…with this query.iqy file?…You might wonder why aren't I getting…an xlsx file, an Excel file.…Well, I'm getting another type of a file…that Excel can open called a query file.…I'm going to save this wherever I like.…I can save it in my Downloads,…and it will simply try to name it query.…I actually want to say more about that.…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Navigating, searching, and browsing in a site
- Uploading and creating documents
- Coauthoring Office documents
- Collaborating and networking
- Using lists
- Setting up alerts for lists and libraries
- Using the SharePoint mobile app
Skill Level Beginner
SharePoint: Site Customizationwith Bill Kulterman55m 54s Intermediate
Business Apps for SharePoint Monthlywith Gini von Courter40m 15s Intermediate
SharePoint 2016: Managing Large Listswith Gini von Courter1h 18m Intermediate
1. Get Started
2. Work with Libraries and Documents
3. Collaboration and Networking
4. Customize with List Apps
5. SharePoint on the Road
OneDrive for Business app2m 17s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.