Most browsers will let you edit your style sheet online, making it easy to see changes take effect in real time. This video shows you how, and discusses some possible issues.
- [Narrator] Alright now we start…getting into the exciting stuff.…We're going to make changes to our site live…by editing the style sheet that we uploaded.…Now something I discovered while I was creating this class,…although Chrome is the browser that…I personally use most often,…it didn't perform quite as well…as Firefox or Internet Explorer, or even Microsoft Edge…when it came to updating the CSS.…I pretty much always had to update the cache manually…to get my changes to show.…
So I'm going to use Firefox during this demonstration.…We may still have to refresh occasionally but I think…it'll be a little bit more forgiving.…So we're going to start in the assets library…and this is where we've got our modified CSS file,…and we're going to go ahead and…we're going to click that to open it.…Now this will open up in a view you can't edit this view.…We're using inline browser so what we need to do is…click here open and then open in text editor.…
And now here we have the CSS file in an editable format.…Now for the first change we're going to do something…
- Changing your site's logo, title, and theme
- Creating new palettes and themes
- Loading fonts to your site
- Calling font sets in your theme
- CSS basics for branding SharePoint
- Creating and uploading a blank CSS style sheet
- Modifying site navigation, fonts, and backgrounds
- Styling tables
- Defining new elements in your CSS file
- Creating new CSS elements directly into the style sheet
Skill Level Beginner
1. The Branding Hierarchy
2. Creating a Custom Theme: Colors
3. Adding New Fonts
4. CSS Basics for Branding SharePoint
5. Modify SharePoint with CSS
6. More Styling: Page Elements
7. Getting Fancy: Custom CSS Elements
Next steps1m 31s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.