Once tasks have been added to a task list, they can be edited and updated if changes need to be made. In this video, observe how to edit tasks in a task list.
- Once our tasks have been added to our task list, … they're not permanent. … We don't need to live with them. … We can change them whenever we want. … They're not set in stone. … And of course, like any other good Microsoft product, … there's more than one way to accomplish the same feat. … Let's take a look. … Let's go ahead and select this task here, … Computer needs assessment. … Now, you may have already noticed … that there is a spelling mistake in here. … When I added the task, yes, I made a mistake. … So we want to fix that. … I'm going to select the task and click on it here, … and it's going to open up this window that opens up the task. … I can see everything about the task. … But up here on the ribbon in the upper left corner, … you'll see a big button that says Edit Item. … I'm going to click on that, … and now the task will open up for editing. … And I can simply go in here and fix my spelling mistake. … I'm just going to delete that extraneous W. … Now, as long as I'm in here, …
Note: This course focuses on modern SharePoint sites built with the Communication template, but anyone using a classic site will be able to follow along.
- Comparing classic and modern sites
- Creating and editing tasks
- Adding tasks to the timeline
- Working with task views
- Adding meetings and tasks to the group calendar
- Adding a plan to your SharePoint site
Skill Level Intermediate
Business Apps for SharePoint Monthlywith Gini von Courter2h 29m Intermediate
SharePoint: Mobilizing Workflows with PowerAppswith Gini von Courter52m 16s Intermediate
Project Management Foundationswith Bonnie Biafore3h 20m Beginner
1. Classic vs. Modern Sites for Projects
2. The Tasks App
3. The Timeline
4. Task List Views
5. The Group Calendar
6. Add a Plan to Your Site
Next steps1m 3s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.