You can edit or update individual items on the group calendar, or you can edit an entire series of recurring events. In this video, observe how to edit items on a group calendar.
- [Instructor] We're here in the group calendar … for our temporary lobby project, … and we're in the month of March. … We see our weekly meetings, … and in the week of March 11th, … we have this task, the move furniture into the space, … takes place every day all day. … Now, we see here on Monday, March 11th, … we have these little ellipses … which indicate that there are more events here, … and when we click on those, … we see that we have two events, … our weekly meeting and moving the furniture into the space. … Now the team isn't going to be … the ones moving the furniture. … We've hired movers for that, … but what we want to do is go ahead … and change this weekly lobby meeting. … We want to edit the meeting event. … So to do that, we're going to click right here … on that event, and it opens up this window. … Now at the bottom, we see we have a couple of options. … We have edit, we have cancel. … Now if we wanted to cancel this meeting, … I could click on the cancel button, … and you see I have two options. …
Note: This course focuses on modern SharePoint sites built with the Communication template, but anyone using a classic site will be able to follow along.
- Comparing classic and modern sites
- Creating and editing tasks
- Adding tasks to the timeline
- Working with task views
- Adding meetings and tasks to the group calendar
- Adding a plan to your SharePoint site
Skill Level Intermediate
Business Apps for SharePoint Monthlywith Gini von Courter2h 29m Intermediate
SharePoint: Mobilizing Workflows with PowerAppswith Gini von Courter52m 16s Intermediate
Project Management Foundationswith Bonnie Biafore3h 20m Beginner
1. Classic vs. Modern Sites for Projects
2. The Tasks App
3. The Timeline
4. Task List Views
5. The Group Calendar
6. Add a Plan to Your Site
Next steps1m 3s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.