In this video, learn about creating new CSS elements directly into the stylesheet.
- [Instructor] What we're going to do next is,…create a few custom elements…and then add them into our style sheet.…Before we do that though, let's make some decisions…about what we're going to create.…Remember, we always want a reason to be doing this, right?…So let's describe our scenario for using custom elements.…How about this, I'm going to be regularly publishing…an online newsletter, via a page in my site.…I want to keep all pages archived,…and I want the look to stay very consistent.…
So now, what do I need?…I think I need two levels of headers,…and I need some content text.…And I need bulleted lists,…and I want no underline on the hyperlinks.…Now, since I know enough CSS to set these codes up,…this doesn't present too much of a problem, right?…Let's switch back over to the style sheet.…Now, on the style sheet, all we need to do is…type in our element names and attributes.…And I'm going to set these all up as class items.…
So I'll start with a period.…And the first one, we will call new header…one, because this will be the first one.…
- Changing your site's logo, title, and theme
- Creating new palettes and themes
- Loading fonts to your site
- Calling font sets in your theme
- CSS basics for branding SharePoint
- Creating and uploading a blank CSS style sheet
- Modifying site navigation, fonts, and backgrounds
- Styling tables
- Defining new elements in your CSS file
- Creating new CSS elements directly into the style sheet
Skill Level Intermediate
SharePoint Online 2017: Beyond the Basicswith Gini von Courter3h 32m Intermediate
1. The Branding Hierarchy
2. Creating a Custom Theme: Colors
3. Adding New Fonts
4. CSS Basics for Branding SharePoint
5. Modify SharePoint with CSS
6. More Styling: Page Elements
7. Getting Fancy: Custom CSS Elements
Next steps1m 31s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.