SharePoint includes built-in themes that allow you to easily change the look of a site. In this video, Gini von Courter demonstrates customizing your site theme.
- [Instructor] Another customizable element…for modern sites is the site theme or the site color set.…This shows up in a couple places.…First, in all the off the different screen elements…like the edit button, the colors here,…got the mobile app and feedback.…Also, if we go to SharePoint home,…notice that it's up here at the top.…I'm going to simply refresh this to see if we can…get our icon to pop at this point.…And yes it does.…So here's our new icon.…
And this is the theme set for this particular site.…Let's go back and change it.…Go to the gear or settings button…and choose change the look.…In our classic SharePoint sites there's a theming gallery.…And it might be that your organization…spent some resources on building a set of themes…and wants you to use those.…In that case you would choose classic,…change the look options and it would take you…to that theming gallery that has specific themes…and a different experience really that allows you to change…a number of different elements about how your site looks.…
- Recall the best size and file type to use when changing the default logo.
- Recognize which page is created by default when creating a new site.
- Identify the site that provides a high image-to-text ratio.
- Explain why you would copy a page when creating the site pages.
- List the default Hero web part layouts for Showcase and Topic communication sites.
- Identify the field that appears when you open a custom list.
- Summarize why you would create a PowerApps app for a custom list.