We have many default views that come with the task list, but we can also create custom task list views. In this video, see how to add columns and change the list order, as we create our own custom task list view.
- [Instructor] We're here in our task list, … and our task list is using the All Tasks view. … All of our tasks listed by columns and rows. … Now, we want to go ahead, we can change this view. … We have a number of views that come with … the task list by default that we can use, … and if we go up to our LIST tab … you'll see here in the Manage View section … right now it says All Tasks. … That is our All Tasks view that we're using. … That's the default view. … But there's a little dropdown here. … And when I click on it, it says Change View. … So I'm going to click on that. … And you see these are the views that came with by default. … And elsewhere in the course I have videos on all of these, … and if you want to know more about any of them, … go ahead and watch them. … But in this movie we are going to go and create … our own custom view by clicking on this button here, … Create View. … We're going to do that to get us started. … And we see here we have a couple of … different types of views that we can use, …
Note: This course focuses on modern SharePoint sites built with the Communication template, but anyone using a classic site will be able to follow along.
- Comparing classic and modern sites
- Creating and editing tasks
- Adding tasks to the timeline
- Working with task views
- Adding meetings and tasks to the group calendar
- Adding a plan to your SharePoint site
Skill Level Intermediate
Business Apps for SharePoint Monthlywith Gini von Courter2h 29m Intermediate
SharePoint: Mobilizing Workflows with PowerAppswith Gini von Courter52m 16s Intermediate
Project Management Foundationswith Bonnie Biafore3h 20m Beginner
1. Classic vs. Modern Sites for Projects
2. The Tasks App
3. The Timeline
4. Task List Views
5. The Group Calendar
6. Add a Plan to Your Site
Next steps1m 3s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.