The default communication site home page templates use the Hero web part, which in turn uses site pages. While you can create a site's home page first, it's more efficient to create the site pages first, which is demonstrated in this movie.
- [Instructor] We want to focus on three parts…of our solar installations.…We want to focus on residential installs,…commercial installs, and S3,…which is solar, service and support.…Each of those is going to have its own page.…And if I start by creating the pages,…there's a little magic that's going to happen,…and when I come back to this page…and work on setting up our Home page.…So I'm going to go to Pages,…and I'm going to quickly create three pages.…
I'm not going to spend a lot of time on these,…because we already know how to create pages and content.…But I'm going to create a new page,…create a new page in the site.…This may also simply say Create Page for you.…And this is going to be Commercial Solar Installations.…I'm going to change the image here,…and I have an image for this.…
Going to upload it,…and this is in our Solar Images,…and it's this large external solar,…from an office building.…That's the image I want.…I'm going to add that image and upload it.…And notice that I can grab it to change its focal point,…
- Recall the best size and file type to use when changing the default logo.
- Recognize which page is created by default when creating a new site.
- Identify the site that provides a high image-to-text ratio.
- Explain why you would copy a page when creating the site pages.
- List the default Hero web part layouts for Showcase and Topic communication sites.
- Identify the field that appears when you open a custom list.
- Summarize why you would create a PowerApps app for a custom list.