Once you've created a palette, you can add it to a new theme that can then be used and reused from the SharePoint "Change the Look and Feel" theming tool.
- [Narrator] All right, so we've got our cool new palette.…Now how do we go about getting this…into our site as a theme?…Well, let's go back to the composed looks page here,…and we'll click new item.…Let's see what we need.…Well, we need a name and a title.…Those are the same thing.…Master page URL.…Now what that is,…that's the navigation style,…the Seattle or the Oslo.…It doesn't matter which one we pick,…but we have to pick one.…
We're still going to be able to change it…in our theme when we apply the theme,…but we have to specify one to start with.…We also need a theme URL, that's our palette.…And we need an image URL.…Now, these are URLs.…That means that we've got to get the files…online before we can do anything with them.…Let's back up and take a look at…where these things are stored now.…Now the theme URL,…you can see that's in a catalog/theme/15…folder on the site.…
Now I just happen to have…that library open already on another tab.…So I'll go ahead and and I will upload…my color palette right into this library here.…
- Changing your site's logo, title, and theme
- Creating new palettes and themes
- Loading fonts to your site
- Calling font sets in your theme
- CSS basics for branding SharePoint
- Creating and uploading a blank CSS style sheet
- Modifying site navigation, fonts, and backgrounds
- Styling tables
- Defining new elements in your CSS file
- Creating new CSS elements directly into the style sheet
Skill Level Intermediate
SharePoint Online 2017: Beyond the Basicswith Gini von Courter3h 32m Intermediate
1. The Branding Hierarchy
2. Creating a Custom Theme: Colors
3. Adding New Fonts
4. CSS Basics for Branding SharePoint
5. Modify SharePoint with CSS
6. More Styling: Page Elements
7. Getting Fancy: Custom CSS Elements
Next steps1m 31s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.