Learn how to create a new palette. Get instructions for downloading and using the SharePoint Color Palette tool to build and save a customized palette for use in a new theme.
- [Instructor] Okay, so let's start…working on creating a new palette…and then attaching that to a theme.…To see what's already existing,…we'll start from the site settings page…and we'll click on composed looks…under the web designer gallery section.…This provides a display of all of…the composed looks, or themes,…which are currently a part of the site.…We'll spend a little more time here later,…but for the moment what concerns us…is the third column, the theme URL.…These files are the palette definitions.…
Let's open one up and take a look.…I'm going to just click on this one and…I'm going to open it in Notepad to take a look.…Here's what a color palette file looks like.…It's pretty straight forward XML…but of slightly limited value.…I mean, how many of us know hex codes by heart?…We're going to need to sit with some…kind of converter to define the exact shades.…Look at all these different element names.…Are we absolutely sure which ones…go with what on the screen?…Luckily, there are much simpler ways of doing this.…
- Changing your site's logo, title, and theme
- Creating new palettes and themes
- Loading fonts to your site
- Calling font sets in your theme
- CSS basics for branding SharePoint
- Creating and uploading a blank CSS style sheet
- Modifying site navigation, fonts, and backgrounds
- Styling tables
- Defining new elements in your CSS file
- Creating new CSS elements directly into the style sheet
Skill Level Intermediate
SharePoint Online 2017: Beyond the Basicswith Gini von Courter3h 32m Intermediate
1. The Branding Hierarchy
2. Creating a Custom Theme: Colors
3. Adding New Fonts
4. CSS Basics for Branding SharePoint
5. Modify SharePoint with CSS
6. More Styling: Page Elements
7. Getting Fancy: Custom CSS Elements
Next steps1m 31s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.