Like all modern SharePoint sites, communication sites are created from SharePoint home. Click the Create Site command then choose Communication site. From the Choose a Design drop down list, select Showcase, Topic, or blank. This video demonstrates creating a topic site.
- [Narrator] We're going to create a communication site.…So we're on SharePoint home.…I'm going to click create site.…And choose communication site.…And my two choices are topic and showcase.…Showcase is a site that gives us a high image to text ratio.…Topic is a site that mixes it up a little more.…So the first site we're going to create is a topic site.…
Just so you can see how that works,…we're going to create a test topic site.…And this is demonstration of topic sites.…Choose our language. Remember you can't change that.…And click the finish button, because we are done…not because the language we chose was Finnish.…And this is what our topic site looks like.…So lots of images.…And as you point to them, they kind of zoom a little,…the images move into you.…
And then we have a place for news.…And we have a place for events.…And a place for documents.…So what might you use a site like this for?…Remember that one of our examples of use…for a communication site was employee onboarding.…So imagine that we have images of different…
- Recall the best size and file type to use when changing the default logo.
- Recognize which page is created by default when creating a new site.
- Identify the site that provides a high image-to-text ratio.
- Explain why you would copy a page when creating the site pages.
- List the default Hero web part layouts for Showcase and Topic communication sites.
- Identify the field that appears when you open a custom list.
- Summarize why you would create a PowerApps app for a custom list.