Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Create and apply library views, part of Learning SharePoint Online (Classic View).
- [Instructor] There's a difference between creating with a…and using views in a list, like a custom list or a contacts…list, an issues list, and a document library in…Sharepoint online.…Here we are in a document library,…and we don't have something here that says save views.…If I modify this and filter it, for example, to have…documents, I'll see the documents but I don't have anything…prompting me to save this view separately.…
In document libraries, my filters are just one step away.…I can fire them up any time that I want.…I can clear them here.…And to fire up my filters pane, simply click,…pane opens on the right-hand side, and I have specific…refiners.…I have one for date, so I can simply find items that were…modified today, for example,…or since yesterday.…Nice little slider refiner if I want to do something more…specific, I can pin this to make sure that it stays here,…or I can say I want to unpin this or even I wish to remove…this particular filter.…
And then, later on, when I go to filters, that filter is…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Navigating, searching, and browsing in a site
- Uploading and creating documents
- Coauthoring Office documents
- Collaborating and networking
- Using lists
- Setting up alerts for lists and libraries
- Using the SharePoint mobile app
Skill Level Beginner
SharePoint 2016: Managing Large Listswith Gini von Courter1h 18m Intermediate
SharePoint: Site Customizationwith Bill Kulterman55m 54s Intermediate
Business Apps for SharePoint Monthlywith Gini von Courter2h 29m Intermediate
SharePoint 2016: Branding SharePoint Siteswith Gini von Courter56m 10s Intermediate
1. Get Started
2. Work with Libraries and Documents
3. Collaboration and Networking
4. Customize with List Apps
5. SharePoint on the Road
OneDrive for Business app2m 17s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.