PowerApps, demonstrated in this video, extends the capabilities of SharePoint modern team sites. PowerApps are used to create mobile-first, form-based apps for SharePoint lists. The apps will run on a mobile device or in a browser.
- This is a custom list that we created in Sales,…and what we'd like our salespeople to be able to do…and other folks, as well, who are out in the field,…is collect information about installs that were done…that we didn't do.…This gives us more information about trends…on solar and wind, and other alternative energy in our area.…And the amount of business that's being done by…some new firms that are moving in.…So I'm going to create a mobile application…by choosing PowerApps and then…choosing to create an app.…
This is going to build a custom app…based on our SharePoint list using PowerApps.…And I'm going to name this, and this is going to be,…I'm going to name this Competitor installs,…and click create.…What we're creating is a mobile first app…that can run on a phone, on a tablet,…other mobile devices, but can also run in a browser.…So this is a pretty slick piece of functionality…that we get when we're working with…applications like lists, including some of…the built in list types that are included in…SharePoint team sites.…
- Recall the best size and file type to use when changing the default logo.
- Recognize which page is created by default when creating a new site.
- Identify the site that provides a high image-to-text ratio.
- Explain why you would copy a page when creating the site pages.
- List the default Hero web part layouts for Showcase and Topic communication sites.
- Identify the field that appears when you open a custom list.
- Summarize why you would create a PowerApps app for a custom list.