This course comes with additional materials. There are examples of code, as well as some other helpful information. Course files are stored in a ZIP file and need to be extracted.
- [Narrator] If you have access to the exercise files for this course, you can download them to your desktop. The link to the exercise files is located below the video player to the right of the transcripts tab. The exercise files are bundled into a zip file, so after you download them you'll need to extract them to a place on your computer where you'll be able to use them. Now I've put them on my desktop but you can put them anywhere you want. Most of the course files will coincide with the challenges in the course. I'll give you before and after examples of the css code so that you can compare your work with mine.
There are one or two tools that you can get online which I'll provide links to that will be big helps when you're working on your themes or code. I'm going to provide a few fonts that you'll have the option of using. These are ones that I like, and there's no fee to use them. Plus, I'll call out some links to resources online where you can get more. Finally, although I'm going to demonstrate how to find elements to modify on the page, I'll also give you a cheat sheet with the exact elements that we're going to work with, which will save you a lot of time later.
If you're viewing this course on a mobile device, a set top device, or your membership doesn't provide access to the exercise files, that's okay. I encourage you to still follow along as we go through the course.
- Changing your site's logo, title, and theme
- Creating new palettes and themes
- Loading fonts to your site
- Calling font sets in your theme
- CSS basics for branding SharePoint
- Creating and uploading a blank CSS style sheet
- Modifying site navigation, fonts, and backgrounds
- Styling tables
- Defining new elements in your CSS file
- Creating new CSS elements directly into the style sheet
Skill Level Intermediate
SharePoint Online 2017: Beyond the Basicswith Gini von Courter3h 32m Intermediate
1. The Branding Hierarchy
2. Creating a Custom Theme: Colors
3. Adding New Fonts
4. CSS Basics for Branding SharePoint
5. Modify SharePoint with CSS
6. More Styling: Page Elements
7. Getting Fancy: Custom CSS Elements
Next steps1m 31s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.