SharePoint Online themes provide a quick and powerful way to change site colors, fonts, and navigation. Discover how easy it is using the SharePoint“Change the Look and Feel” theming tool.
- [Narrator] So, let's start looking at themes.…As I mentioned earlier, themes are pre configured…templates that include color palettes,…font sets, and even background images.…You can get to the themes by clicking the gear…icon in the menu bar and clicking site settings.…And then on the site settings page,…click 'change the look.'…Now, once we click the link, we get an…assortment of prebuilt themes, all of…which have color palettes, background…images and font sets already set up.…
But wait, there's more.…All of these themes are further configurable.…I'm going to select one of the themes…as a starting place, and show you what I mean.…Alright, so I've selected this theme,…and it looks like an octopus in a soup bowl.…And although this is very cute, I don't know that…it gives me the feel that I want for my site.…I could go back and try again,…but instead I'm going to make some changes.…First off, I'm going to get rid of this…background, and replace it with another picture.…
I start by clicking the 'Change' prompt, and…
- Changing your site's logo, title, and theme
- Creating new palettes and themes
- Loading fonts to your site
- Calling font sets in your theme
- CSS basics for branding SharePoint
- Creating and uploading a blank CSS style sheet
- Modifying site navigation, fonts, and backgrounds
- Styling tables
- Defining new elements in your CSS file
- Creating new CSS elements directly into the style sheet
Skill Level Intermediate
SharePoint Online 2017: Beyond the Basicswith Gini von Courter3h 32m Intermediate
1. The Branding Hierarchy
2. Creating a Custom Theme: Colors
3. Adding New Fonts
4. CSS Basics for Branding SharePoint
5. Modify SharePoint with CSS
6. More Styling: Page Elements
7. Getting Fancy: Custom CSS Elements
Next steps1m 31s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.