Changing your site's logo and title are now much easier to do than in the past. Learn where to find and use the SharePoint Online tools.
- [Narrator] Let's talk about a nice…built-in tool in SharePoint.…Now in the past, stock SharePoint sites…just weren't very attractive,…and it could be a real challenge to make them user-friendly.…In SharePoint Online, even completely unmodified sites…look a lot better than they used to,…and making changes to them is so much easier…than it used to be.…Here's a brand new, completely unmodified team site.…Now even this looks nicer than the old SharePoint, right?…But we're going to start making it look even better.…
Now the first thing you'll probably want to do…with your site is to give it a title…and maybe give it a logo.…Microsoft has made this very easy.…By the way, I want to point out this nifty little…get started widget that Microsoft provides as an assistant…to help you set up your site.…This is actually called a promoted links app,…and it's a great tool for building visual menus.…However, I think the order in which Microsoft…suggests things for you to do…is completely off-base, so we're actually…going to ignore this.…
- Changing your site's logo, title, and theme
- Creating new palettes and themes
- Loading fonts to your site
- Calling font sets in your theme
- CSS basics for branding SharePoint
- Creating and uploading a blank CSS style sheet
- Modifying site navigation, fonts, and backgrounds
- Styling tables
- Defining new elements in your CSS file
- Creating new CSS elements directly into the style sheet
Skill Level Beginner
1. The Branding Hierarchy
2. Creating a Custom Theme: Colors
3. Adding New Fonts
4. CSS Basics for Branding SharePoint
5. Modify SharePoint with CSS
6. More Styling: Page Elements
7. Getting Fancy: Custom CSS Elements
Next steps1m 31s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.