In this optional challenge, get the opportunity to make changes to your CSS style sheet.
- [Instructor] This optional challenge is going to give you…the opportunity to try your hand at making a simple update.…Let's start by looking at the Site Settings page.…Now, I like to use this because a lot of changes…become every obvious on this page.…Now, notice how the default for all of the hyperlinks…is this green color here in this page.…We're going to change the color of anchored links…throughout the site.…And what you're going to do is this.…Here's the tasks.…The code for the anchor element is the letter a.…
Type that, a space and then opening curly bracket.…The attribute that we're going to change is color.…I want you to change that to hex code FF0000, which is red.…And then make sure you add the semicolon…and the closing bracket.…Then go ahead and save that style sheet…and refresh your Site Settings page.…If you've downloaded the exercise files,…you'll see that I've left you a present for this challenge.…
I've staged a blank CSS style sheet for you…with the exercise files,…and it's titled modified_style.css.…
- Changing your site's logo, title, and theme
- Creating new palettes and themes
- Loading fonts to your site
- Calling font sets in your theme
- CSS basics for branding SharePoint
- Creating and uploading a blank CSS style sheet
- Modifying site navigation, fonts, and backgrounds
- Styling tables
- Defining new elements in your CSS file
- Creating new CSS elements directly into the style sheet
Skill Level Intermediate
SharePoint Online 2017: Beyond the Basicswith Gini von Courter3h 32m Intermediate
1. The Branding Hierarchy
2. Creating a Custom Theme: Colors
3. Adding New Fonts
4. CSS Basics for Branding SharePoint
5. Modify SharePoint with CSS
6. More Styling: Page Elements
7. Getting Fancy: Custom CSS Elements
Next steps1m 31s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.