In this optional challenge, get a chance to make changes to the appearance of a classic Web Part Page on your site.
(tonal music)…- [Instructor] This optional challenge will give you…the opportunity to try making changes to your site's pages.…Now what we'll need to do first you need to have yourself…a web-part publishing page if you don't already have one…that you can play with go ahead and create one.…And then go to your stylesheet…and we're going to change some elements.…And I'm just going to tell you which ones to do…and what to do but I'm not going to give you all…the information this time.…I want you to edit your stylesheet.…
I want you to edit this ID and change the background color.…And then I want you to edit this ID…and change the background color.…I want you to use RGBA for the contentBox color.…So that you can set the transparency…so that the container color will shine through.…And then of course save your work make sure you're careful…with your punctuation.…And by the way if you want extra credit put a picture…onto the page background instead of a color.…
- Changing your site's logo, title, and theme
- Creating new palettes and themes
- Loading fonts to your site
- Calling font sets in your theme
- CSS basics for branding SharePoint
- Creating and uploading a blank CSS style sheet
- Modifying site navigation, fonts, and backgrounds
- Styling tables
- Defining new elements in your CSS file
- Creating new CSS elements directly into the style sheet
Skill Level Intermediate
SharePoint Online 2017: Beyond the Basicswith Gini von Courter3h 32m Intermediate
1. The Branding Hierarchy
2. Creating a Custom Theme: Colors
3. Adding New Fonts
4. CSS Basics for Branding SharePoint
5. Modify SharePoint with CSS
6. More Styling: Page Elements
7. Getting Fancy: Custom CSS Elements
Next steps1m 31s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.