In this optional challenge, you can practice what you've learned by altering the color and background color of your navigation bar.
- [Instructor] This optional challenge…is going to give you the opportunity…to try making changes to your site's navigation.…We're going to change the navigation…on the site home, like I demonstrated in the earlier video.…And we're going to change three elements, the menu…item font color, the font color when…you hover over the menu item, and the menu background color.…Open your style sheet in edit mode on another browser tab.…And then, let's start by making…the color of the font red again.…The CSS element you want to work with…is '.menu-item-text' and the attribute is 'color', and the…value is 'red! Important,' I think…we're going to need to put that in.…
And then, don't forget your punctuation.…The next thing we'll change is the hover color.…And here, we need to make another rule for the pseudo class.…So the element this time is '.menu-item-text:hover,' that…:hover specifies the pseudo class of when…you are hovering over the text.…Attribute, once again, will be 'color,' and this…time we're going to make it 'blue!Important.'…
- Changing your site's logo, title, and theme
- Creating new palettes and themes
- Loading fonts to your site
- Calling font sets in your theme
- CSS basics for branding SharePoint
- Creating and uploading a blank CSS style sheet
- Modifying site navigation, fonts, and backgrounds
- Styling tables
- Defining new elements in your CSS file
- Creating new CSS elements directly into the style sheet
Skill Level Intermediate
SharePoint Online 2017: Beyond the Basicswith Gini von Courter3h 32m Intermediate
1. The Branding Hierarchy
2. Creating a Custom Theme: Colors
3. Adding New Fonts
4. CSS Basics for Branding SharePoint
5. Modify SharePoint with CSS
6. More Styling: Page Elements
7. Getting Fancy: Custom CSS Elements
Next steps1m 31s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.