This video shows how to create and modify a new font scheme file and attach it to your theme.
- [Narrator] Okay, we're getting close to being finished,…but this last bit is kind of the trickiest part,…so just take a few deep breaths and don't panic.…I promise you that we will get through it.…Our next task is to create a new font scheme file.…So let's start by downloading one of…the existing ones, and we'll save this.…I'll download it, and we'll go ahead and save it,…and it'll save to the download file on my computer.…
Now once I've got it saved, I need to open it up,…so I'm going to open right there,…and I want to open this up in Notepad.…So, open with, now as you can see,…we've got another XML file, and there's an awful…lot of junk here, but if you take a close look,…you'll see that the file is specifying what…fonts will be used in what areas inside of SharePoint.…There are also calls to where the font files…are stored in SharePoint, and image files too.…
Now we're not going to worry about any…of the non-Latin alphabets, so that actually means…that we get to ignore quite a bit of the information.…Font schemes usually call two separate main fonts.…
- Changing your site's logo, title, and theme
- Creating new palettes and themes
- Loading fonts to your site
- Calling font sets in your theme
- CSS basics for branding SharePoint
- Creating and uploading a blank CSS style sheet
- Modifying site navigation, fonts, and backgrounds
- Styling tables
- Defining new elements in your CSS file
- Creating new CSS elements directly into the style sheet
Skill Level Beginner
1. The Branding Hierarchy
2. Creating a Custom Theme: Colors
3. Adding New Fonts
4. CSS Basics for Branding SharePoint
5. Modify SharePoint with CSS
6. More Styling: Page Elements
7. Getting Fancy: Custom CSS Elements
Next steps1m 31s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.