Do you really need more fonts on your site? There are advantages to keeping font varieties to a minimum, and some common pitfalls to be aware of.
- [Instructor] We're going to spend a little time now…talking about fonts.…This is going to be partially philosophical discussion,…partially a design discussion,…and partially me getting to voice my opinions.…I think that many of us have seen badly designed sites…that include a multitude of different fonts,…colors, sizes, et cetera.…Face it, it's distracting, it's ugly,…and it makes the sites look really unprofessional.…Now, over time, an unofficial standard has worked its way…through much of the web.…
Most well-designed sites will now have…no more than two fonts,…one for titles and one for body text.…There may be some size and weight distinctions,…say, header one is bigger than header two…and header three is in bold,…but I really believe that common wisdom…is spot on for this…and I strongly recommend that you stick…to this two font rule.…Now, which two fonts do you use?…Well, we have to make sure…that a central point is understood here.…
There are gazillions of really cool fonts…floating around out there in the universe,…
- Changing your site's logo, title, and theme
- Creating new palettes and themes
- Loading fonts to your site
- Calling font sets in your theme
- CSS basics for branding SharePoint
- Creating and uploading a blank CSS style sheet
- Modifying site navigation, fonts, and backgrounds
- Styling tables
- Defining new elements in your CSS file
- Creating new CSS elements directly into the style sheet
Skill Level Intermediate
SharePoint Online 2017: Beyond the Basicswith Gini von Courter3h 32m Intermediate
1. The Branding Hierarchy
2. Creating a Custom Theme: Colors
3. Adding New Fonts
4. CSS Basics for Branding SharePoint
5. Modify SharePoint with CSS
6. More Styling: Page Elements
7. Getting Fancy: Custom CSS Elements
Next steps1m 31s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.