When you're creating elements, some of them will need additional CSS written to describe behavior of different states. This video discusses situations where additional CSS is required—such as in hover, clicked, and list—and demonstrates adding those to th
- [Instructor] If you remember…when we were creating our custom CSS elements,…we had some criteria, and some of that was,…we wanted to have bulleted lists,…and we wanted to be able to have hyperlink content display…without any underlining.…So, what we're going to need to do,…is we're going to need to build in some extra CSS…to handle these circumstances,…and an important point, we don't want to change…the default list or anchor tags,…only those for the new styles.…So what's our best way to do that?…Well, let's go back to our style sheet,…and what I'm going to do is, I'm going to start…with another element,…and we're going to add some pseudo classes in…for some of the stuff that we already have.…
So, we've got newscontent, and then we'll put in ul…for unordered lists, and then we'll go ahead and,…let's put a memo in, just so that we know what we're doing,…this defines bulleted lists in the newscontent area.…Okay, and let's make the list-style-type:square.…
Okay, that should be good, right like that.…Now, let's make another newscontent,…
- Changing your site's logo, title, and theme
- Creating new palettes and themes
- Loading fonts to your site
- Calling font sets in your theme
- CSS basics for branding SharePoint
- Creating and uploading a blank CSS style sheet
- Modifying site navigation, fonts, and backgrounds
- Styling tables
- Defining new elements in your CSS file
- Creating new CSS elements directly into the style sheet
Skill Level Intermediate
SharePoint Online 2017: Beyond the Basicswith Gini von Courter3h 32m Intermediate
1. The Branding Hierarchy
2. Creating a Custom Theme: Colors
3. Adding New Fonts
4. CSS Basics for Branding SharePoint
5. Modify SharePoint with CSS
6. More Styling: Page Elements
7. Getting Fancy: Custom CSS Elements
Next steps1m 31s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.