In this video, see how to add buckets, and tasks to our plan, in our SharePoint modern team site.
- We're here in SharePoint in our Temporary Lobby site … and we are on the Design Temporary Lobby plan page that … we created in a previous video in this course. … Now, we're going to, in this movie, add a new task … to our plan and add a bucket. … What is a bucket? … You'll see right here it says Add new bucket. … Well, a bucket is sort of a category of tasks. … A bucket of tasks I guess, is what they're looking for. … So you've got a bucket of related tasks here, … a bucket here, a bucket there. … We're going to go ahead and we're going to start … by adding a new bucket. … And you'll see all I had to do was click on that … and it asks me for the bucket name. … And the bucket that I'm going to create … is the Design Bucket, because we need to get … a designer and we have some design things … that are going to happen. … We can also go ahead and add another bucket, … for Review, because we are going to have … a review process. … So, we have To do, which is sort of general tasks, … but we have our buckets of tasks. …
Note: This course focuses on modern SharePoint sites built with the Communication template, but anyone using a classic site will be able to follow along.
- Comparing classic and modern sites
- Creating and editing tasks
- Adding tasks to the timeline
- Working with task views
- Adding meetings and tasks to the group calendar
- Adding a plan to your SharePoint site
Skill Level Intermediate
Business Apps for SharePoint Monthlywith Gini von Courter2h 29m Intermediate
SharePoint: Mobilizing Workflows with PowerAppswith Gini von Courter52m 16s Intermediate
Project Management Foundationswith Bonnie Biafore3h 20m Beginner
1. Classic vs. Modern Sites for Projects
2. The Tasks App
3. The Timeline
4. Task List Views
5. The Group Calendar
6. Add a Plan to Your Site
Next steps1m 3s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.