In this video, learn how to add one of the tasks from our project to the group calendar.
- [Instructor] We're here in Outlook. … We are on our Temporary Lobby calendar, … our group calendar for the Temporary Lobby project, … and we want to go and add a task … to our calendar, our group calendar. … Now, we've already go a weekly meeting, … and if you want to know how to do that … there is another movie in this course … showing you how to add that weekly meeting. … We want to go ahead and add … one of our tasks from our task list. … Now, the group calendar isn't connected … to this task list in any way. … These items are not added to the group calendar. … There's no way to connect them, … but what we can do is manually add … any of the items on that task list … to our group calendar, and that's what we're going to do. … We've come ere to the month of March, … we want to add the task of moving the furniture … into the new lobby space, and that is a task, … it's an event, that's going to happen … for these five days in this week … from the 11th to the 15th. … So, we're going to go ahead …
Note: This course focuses on modern SharePoint sites built with the Communication template, but anyone using a classic site will be able to follow along.
- Comparing classic and modern sites
- Creating and editing tasks
- Adding tasks to the timeline
- Working with task views
- Adding meetings and tasks to the group calendar
- Adding a plan to your SharePoint site
Skill Level Intermediate
Business Apps for SharePoint Monthlywith Gini von Courter2h 29m Intermediate
SharePoint: Mobilizing Workflows with PowerAppswith Gini von Courter52m 16s Intermediate
Project Management Foundationswith Bonnie Biafore3h 20m Beginner
1. Classic vs. Modern Sites for Projects
2. The Tasks App
3. The Timeline
4. Task List Views
5. The Group Calendar
6. Add a Plan to Your Site
Next steps1m 3s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.