The task list allows for the addition of subtasks to a task. They are indented on the list and can be collapsed from view or expanded. Discover how to accomplish this feat in this video.
- [Instructor] Sometimes, a task may have other parts to it, … several steps, things that have to be done … as part of the main task. … Now, you could add these tasks … as separate task items, or you could add them … in our classic task list here as subtasks, … and that's what we're going to do. … We're going to add some subtasks … to the very first task, furniture needs assessment. … I'm going to select the task, and over here, … these three little ellipses, I'm going to click on those, … and you'll see it says Open Menu Dialog. … We're going to click on there to get that pop-up, … and we are going to choose at the bottom, Create Subtask. … When I click there, my list opens up, … and I now have a new row where I can add that subtask, … and that's what I'm going to do. … I'm going to add my first subtask, … which is talk to lobby operations. … I can go ahead and assign it a date. … Let's say we need that done by the 25th, … and I can assign it to a person, … I'm going to also assign it to Harold. …
Note: This course focuses on modern SharePoint sites built with the Communication template, but anyone using a classic site will be able to follow along.
- Comparing classic and modern sites
- Creating and editing tasks
- Adding tasks to the timeline
- Working with task views
- Adding meetings and tasks to the group calendar
- Adding a plan to your SharePoint site
Skill Level Intermediate
Business Apps for SharePoint Monthlywith Gini von Courter2h 29m Intermediate
SharePoint: Mobilizing Workflows with PowerAppswith Gini von Courter52m 16s Intermediate
Project Management Foundationswith Bonnie Biafore3h 20m Beginner
1. Classic vs. Modern Sites for Projects
2. The Tasks App
3. The Timeline
4. Task List Views
5. The Group Calendar
6. Add a Plan to Your Site
Next steps1m 3s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.