Sometimes tasks cannot be performed to completion until a preceding task has been completed. The classic SharePoint task list has the option for you to add a task as a predecessor, making it easier for you to monitor the progress of a series of tasks. See how this is done in this video.
- [Instructor] With our classic style task list, … we have the ability to assign certain tasks … as predecessors to another task. … Let me show you what I mean. … We have here the task, gather furniture, … but before that task can even be started, … we need to know what furniture to gather, don't we? … And that is this task, … the furniture needs assessment. … So we want to assign this as a predecessor … to the gather furniture task. … So we're going to do that by clicking … on the gather furniture task, … and we're going to edit that item, … and in here, you will see show more. … We're going to click on that. … We scroll down, and we see a list of predecessors, … all of the tasks which can be considered predecessors … to this task, gather furniture. … And as we said, the one that we wanted to use … was furniture needs assessment. … We're going to click there and add it … as a predecessor to the gather furniture task. … We're going to go ahead and save that, … and then we're going to go down here …
Note: This course focuses on modern SharePoint sites built with the Communication template, but anyone using a classic site will be able to follow along.
- Comparing classic and modern sites
- Creating and editing tasks
- Adding tasks to the timeline
- Working with task views
- Adding meetings and tasks to the group calendar
- Adding a plan to your SharePoint site
Skill Level Intermediate
Business Apps for SharePoint Monthlywith Gini von Courter2h 29m Intermediate
SharePoint: Mobilizing Workflows with PowerAppswith Gini von Courter52m 16s Intermediate
Project Management Foundationswith Bonnie Biafore3h 20m Beginner
1. Classic vs. Modern Sites for Projects
2. The Tasks App
3. The Timeline
4. Task List Views
5. The Group Calendar
6. Add a Plan to Your Site
Next steps1m 3s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.