Microsoft Planner is another app available to Office 365 subscribers that also can be used for lightweight project management. A Planner plan, can also be included in SharePoint. In this video, learn how to create a plan in our SharePoint team site and take a brief look at the plan, in Microsoft Planner.
- [Instructor] Throughout this course we've talked about … the task list in SharePoint, we've looked at the timeline … there, we've also talked about the group calendar, … all of these wonderful tools to help us with project … management here in SharePoint. … Well one of the other things we can do is create a plan. … Now in SharePoint, creating a plan refers to Microsoft … Planner, it's creating a plan using Microsoft Planner. … If we go here to the New button at the top of our homepage … we will see down this list we have plan and plan like I said … refers to Microsoft Planner but what it does is creates … a page for the plan here in SharePoint. … In this movie we're going to go ahead and take a look … at how to do that. … Let's click on the plan link and it opens up this panel … over here which prompts us to create a plan. … We have to give our plan a name. … Now in our project one of the things is create a floor plan … for the new temporary lobby. … So nobody in our department, in our team is a designer …
Note: This course focuses on modern SharePoint sites built with the Communication template, but anyone using a classic site will be able to follow along.
- Comparing classic and modern sites
- Creating and editing tasks
- Adding tasks to the timeline
- Working with task views
- Adding meetings and tasks to the group calendar
- Adding a plan to your SharePoint site
Skill Level Intermediate
Business Apps for SharePoint Monthlywith Gini von Courter2h 29m Intermediate
SharePoint: Mobilizing Workflows with PowerAppswith Gini von Courter52m 16s Intermediate
Project Management Foundationswith Bonnie Biafore3h 20m Beginner
1. Classic vs. Modern Sites for Projects
2. The Tasks App
3. The Timeline
4. Task List Views
5. The Group Calendar
6. Add a Plan to Your Site
Next steps1m 3s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.