In this video, explore several ways to add tasks to the SharePoint task list.
- [Instructor] So here we are in our Temp Lobby tasks list. … And we need to add some tasks, don't we? … It's not much of a task list if it doesn't have any tasks. … And you might be asking yourself, well, how do I do that? … Well, if you haven't already guessed, … and you probably did, because it's right here in your face, … there's a big giant blue button here that says, new task. … And that is indeed how we can add a new task. … We simply go ahead and click on it … and it opens up the new task window. … And we have to give our task a name. … And the first task that we're going to add … is the furniture needs assessment. … And we can give it a start date. … Let's pick a start date, I'm going to click on my calendar here … let's say that we want it to start on the 21st. … Oh, that's the holiday. … And then the due date will be, … let's say we want this pretty quick, … let's say, how about there, February 8th. … We can't mess around with that. … And we can assign it to somebody. … Now, we have our 14 members, …
Note: This course focuses on modern SharePoint sites built with the Communication template, but anyone using a classic site will be able to follow along.
- Comparing classic and modern sites
- Creating and editing tasks
- Adding tasks to the timeline
- Working with task views
- Adding meetings and tasks to the group calendar
- Adding a plan to your SharePoint site
Skill Level Intermediate
Business Apps for SharePoint Monthlywith Gini von Courter2h 29m Intermediate
SharePoint: Mobilizing Workflows with PowerAppswith Gini von Courter52m 16s Intermediate
Project Management Foundationswith Bonnie Biafore3h 20m Beginner
1. Classic vs. Modern Sites for Projects
2. The Tasks App
3. The Timeline
4. Task List Views
5. The Group Calendar
6. Add a Plan to Your Site
Next steps1m 3s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.