The group calendar works just the same as any calendar in Outlook. In this video, observe how to select the group calendar and add a recurring meeting that includes all the members of the group.
- [Instructor] We are here in Outlook … and we're in the calendar view. … We're signed in as Leslie Richardson, … Leslie is our project manager … for our temporary lobby project. … In this movie we're going to add a weekly team meeting … to our group calendar. … We come over here to the left and we see … under calendars that my calender, we have the blue disk here … with a check mark in it, my calendar, … Leslie's personal my calendar is what we're seeing, … these are all of the events that we're seeing around … that calendar and if we scroll on down, … we see that the temporary lobby calendar is also one … that we can see, the rest of these are not selected. … And if we uncheck my calendar we see … that there's absolutely nothing on … the group calendar right now. … But we're going to change that, we're going to go … and we're going to start by adding a weekly team meeting, … we're going to start on January the 21st, … so we come to the calendar, we're going to click on that day, … and we get this little window. …
Note: This course focuses on modern SharePoint sites built with the Communication template, but anyone using a classic site will be able to follow along.
- Comparing classic and modern sites
- Creating and editing tasks
- Adding tasks to the timeline
- Working with task views
- Adding meetings and tasks to the group calendar
- Adding a plan to your SharePoint site
Skill Level Intermediate
Business Apps for SharePoint Monthlywith Gini von Courter2h 29m Intermediate
SharePoint: Mobilizing Workflows with PowerAppswith Gini von Courter52m 16s Intermediate
Project Management Foundationswith Bonnie Biafore3h 20m Beginner
1. Classic vs. Modern Sites for Projects
2. The Tasks App
3. The Timeline
4. Task List Views
5. The Group Calendar
6. Add a Plan to Your Site
Next steps1m 3s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.