SharePoint is often used for storing custom organizational data. The custom list app is one way to create and customize a list in SharePoint.
- [Instructor] We can also add entirely new applications…not just connections to other content…like Microsoft forums and Microsoft Stream, Power BI,…but also data that we want to store here in our site.…Simply click the Settings,…and choose Add an App,…and we're going to add a custom list…to this particular sale site.…You'll find it right here at the top,…but there are other apps you can add,…Document Libraries, Form Libraries.…
If we take a look, for example, at Contacts and Calendar,…you'll find that these applications…will synchronize with Outlook and other compatible programs…which are really pretty cool.…And the Contacts List is close to what I want…for this particular application, but it's not exact.…But I'm going to choose a Custom List.…And this custom list is going to be for...…This is actually for new competing installs,…so as our sales folks are out and other people as well,…and they see a new installation that was done…by somebody, not us, this represents business that we lost,…some of which we may never have even known about.…
- Recall the best size and file type to use when changing the default logo.
- Recognize which page is created by default when creating a new site.
- Identify the site that provides a high image-to-text ratio.
- Explain why you would copy a page when creating the site pages.
- List the default Hero web part layouts for Showcase and Topic communication sites.
- Identify the field that appears when you open a custom list.
- Summarize why you would create a PowerApps app for a custom list.