The Group calendar web part will allow us to add a list of upcoming events to a webpage in our team site. Watch as Bill shows us how to add the Group calendar web part to the homepage of our team site.
- [Instructor] We're here now in the group calender … of our Temporary Lobby site. … In other movies in this course, … we've talked about the group calender, … what it is, how to add items to it … like meetings and tasks. … Well, a really great feature of SharePoint … is the ability to add things like the group calendar … to other parts of SharePoint. … We do that using web parts. … In this movie, we're going to see how to add the group calendar … web part to our Temporary Lobby site homepage. … We're here on the homepage, and we are going to look. … We see the Temporary Lobby News section, … the Activity section, the Documents Library, … we have comments down at the bottom. … We're going to go ahead and we're going to add … the new section and our group calendar web part. … To do that, we're going to start over here on the right, … and we're going to click on the big Edit button here. … It opens our page up for editing, … and we're going to go down, we see this section here for News, …
Note: This course focuses on modern SharePoint sites built with the Communication template, but anyone using a classic site will be able to follow along.
- Comparing classic and modern sites
- Creating and editing tasks
- Adding tasks to the timeline
- Working with task views
- Adding meetings and tasks to the group calendar
- Adding a plan to your SharePoint site
Skill Level Intermediate
Business Apps for SharePoint Monthlywith Gini von Courter2h 29m Intermediate
SharePoint: Mobilizing Workflows with PowerAppswith Gini von Courter52m 16s Intermediate
Project Management Foundationswith Bonnie Biafore3h 20m Beginner
1. Classic vs. Modern Sites for Projects
2. The Tasks App
3. The Timeline
4. Task List Views
5. The Group Calendar
6. Add a Plan to Your Site
Next steps1m 3s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.