You can have more than one timeline in our Tasks app. See how you add a timeline in this video.
- We're here on our tasklist, we have our timeline … looking good, we want to talk now in this movie about adding … another timeline yes we can add additional timelines … to our task list, to help us separate … our project into different sections. … So what we're going to do is click on the timeline … because to do this we're going to need our timeline ribbon, … And all the way over here to the right, … you'll see the section, timeline bar, we want to go ahead … and click on add and it says in the little pop up … add another timeline bar, so we're going to click there … And there it is. … Now we're going to go ahead … and click on that timeline and I'm going to move down … to the bottom of my task list and I'm goin to add these … two tasks, install signage and IT to setup computers. … And I'm going to... … Click on the tasks ribbon, and go to add to timeline … and see it add those over there. … Now, these are kind of the final, final, … end of the road tasks for our project … our project is done when these are completed. …
Note: This course focuses on modern SharePoint sites built with the Communication template, but anyone using a classic site will be able to follow along.
- Comparing classic and modern sites
- Creating and editing tasks
- Adding tasks to the timeline
- Working with task views
- Adding meetings and tasks to the group calendar
- Adding a plan to your SharePoint site
Skill Level Intermediate
Business Apps for SharePoint Monthlywith Gini von Courter2h 29m Intermediate
SharePoint: Mobilizing Workflows with PowerAppswith Gini von Courter52m 16s Intermediate
Project Management Foundationswith Bonnie Biafore3h 20m Beginner
1. Classic vs. Modern Sites for Projects
2. The Tasks App
3. The Timeline
4. Task List Views
5. The Group Calendar
6. Add a Plan to Your Site
Next steps1m 3s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.