If you have created a plan in SharePoint or in Planner, you can add it to any page in your site by adding the Planner web part. In this video, see how to add the Planner web part to the homepage of our team site.
- [Instructor] We're here on our Temporary Lobby site … in SharePoint and we're on the Design Temporary Lobby plan. … Now, I created this plan in a previous movie in this course, … and what I'm going to do in this movie is show you how … to add the Planner web part to the homepage. … But before we do that, I want to get rid of this bucket, … this To Do bucket. … We have the buckets that we want. … Design and Review, we created those … in a different movie also. … We want instead to get rid of this To Do bucket. … We're not going to use it, so we're going to go up here. … You see these little ellipses here just to the right … of the To Do name of that bucket, … we're going to click on that, it's the more options, … and I'm simply going to delete it. … Do we want to delete this bucket and all the tasks? … Yes, that's fine. … So, now we have just these two buckets. … That's all we need. … Now, we're going to go to the homepage … of our Temporary Lobby site, … and we're going to look down here, …
Note: This course focuses on modern SharePoint sites built with the Communication template, but anyone using a classic site will be able to follow along.
- Comparing classic and modern sites
- Creating and editing tasks
- Adding tasks to the timeline
- Working with task views
- Adding meetings and tasks to the group calendar
- Adding a plan to your SharePoint site
Skill Level Intermediate
Business Apps for SharePoint Monthlywith Gini von Courter2h 29m Intermediate
SharePoint: Mobilizing Workflows with PowerAppswith Gini von Courter52m 16s Intermediate
Project Management Foundationswith Bonnie Biafore3h 20m Beginner
1. Classic vs. Modern Sites for Projects
2. The Tasks App
3. The Timeline
4. Task List Views
5. The Group Calendar
6. Add a Plan to Your Site
Next steps1m 3s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.