Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the exercise files, part of SharePoint 2013: Customizing List Forms.
- If you have a premium membership to the lynda.com training library, then you have access to the exercise files that I'm using in this course. You will find all of the files in a folder called Exercise Files. And you might consider dragging that folder down onto your desktop just as I have. Within the Exercise Files folder there are a series of other folders, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4 and so on, contain the forms that we're developing. In the Data folder, you will find data files that you can use to quickly create the Sharepoint list that I'm using.
Even if you don't have access to these exercise files, you can still work right along with me. Rather then using these data files to create Sharepoint lists, use some of your own Sharepoint lists. And save your forms after each movie in the chapter folders or in another folder structure that you've set up. I'll show you how to save forms in the different tools that we're using as we go through the course. Let's get started.
- Determine the steps for generating a SharePoint list from an Excel table.
- Recognize how to set options for default list forms.
- Modify form layouts using InfoPath Designer.
- Summarize how to put together an Access web app to utilize as a list form.
- Identify how to formulate Excel surveys.
- Discover how to share the results of Excel surveys.