Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Understanding Excel surveys, part of SharePoint 2013: Customizing List Forms.
- Here you're seeing an Excel Survey…and behind it the workbook that actually gets created…when you create the survey form.…So let's talk about Excel Surveys…and their role and form creation…here in SharePoint.…An Excel Survey is not the same…as the SharePoint Survey app.…When you use the SharePoint Survey app,…the results are stored in a SharePoint list.…And if you wanted to do some analysis,…you could pull them down to Excel.…But an Excel Survey is actually stored in Excel.…
It's a more Informal tool.…Originally we saw this in OneDrive.…You could create a new Excel Survey there…long before you could in SharePoint.…And the reason is the results live…in an Excel workbook, not in a SharePoint list.…But in this particular case,…we're gonna store that workbook…in a SharePoint document library…because we're gonna start with SharePoint.…If we started with OneDrive,…we'd be storing our Excel workbook…in a OneDrive repository or a OneDrive folder.…This is hosted then in either SharePoint or in OneDrive.…
And one of the cool things about Excel Surveys…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Determine the steps for generating a SharePoint list from an Excel table.
- Recognize how to set options for default list forms.
- Modify form layouts using InfoPath Designer.
- Summarize how to put together an Access web app to utilize as a list form.
- Identify how to formulate Excel surveys.
- Discover how to share the results of Excel surveys.
Skill Level Intermediate
SharePoint Designer 2013: Custom Workflowswith Gini von Courter6h 51m Intermediate
1. Understanding Forms in SharePoint
2. Using InfoPath to Create List Forms
3. Creating Custom Forms with Access Web Apps
4. Using Excel Surveys to Create Forms
Next steps2m 56s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.