Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Setting options for default forms, part of SharePoint 2013: Customizing List Forms.
- We can do some things to modify this form.…And the way we'll do that is,…we'll actually be changing the list settings…underneath this form.…For example, we can change…the order of the fields in our form.…When our form was created,…SharePoint put First Name,…then EmployeeID, the Last Name.…We actually want the EmployeeID to be first.…We'd like it to be the indexed field, as well.…We can do that by changing the list settings.…
By setting criteria for the types of values…that can be entered in a particular column,…we can do some basic formatting.…For example, we can take a number…and indicate that it needs to have…two digits after the decimal point,…or that a date will be presented…using a short date format.…We can also calculate values.…If we wanna add a calculated column, we can do so.…And that works.…We can also do something…that's really hard to do in a lot of forms,…which is, we automatically have the ability…to add attachments.…
We can turn that off…if we don't want to be able to add attachments.…But it's really cool to be able to add documents,…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Determine the steps for generating a SharePoint list from an Excel table.
- Recognize how to set options for default list forms.
- Modify form layouts using InfoPath Designer.
- Summarize how to put together an Access web app to utilize as a list form.
- Identify how to formulate Excel surveys.
- Discover how to share the results of Excel surveys.
Skill Level Intermediate
SharePoint Designer 2013: Custom Workflowswith Gini von Courter6h 51m Intermediate
1. Understanding Forms in SharePoint
2. Using InfoPath to Create List Forms
3. Creating Custom Forms with Access Web Apps
4. Using Excel Surveys to Create Forms
Next steps2m 56s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.