Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Saving a local copy of a form, part of SharePoint 2013: Customizing List Forms.
- The template that's used for every single list,…for every single library, for every single app,…is called template.xsn.…That's its name and its extension.…It doesn't matter what you and I call it,…but while we're in the middle of working on a form,…we may not want to simply resave and republish template.xsn.…We're not done with this but I do want to be able to…snapshot my work right now and the way I'm…going to do that is create a local copy here.…So I'm gonna go to File, Save As,…and I'm going to actually put this in my…Exercise Files folder on my Desktop.…
Notice that it's called template.xsn and that's fine,…I don't have a problem with that,…but I might want to give it a different name,…particularly if I'm working on various templates…at the same time, or if I'm keeping these versions…of my template to be able to return to later,…and make some different choices.…So, I can call it template.xsn or I can also…decide that what I'd like to call this is…Employees and simply save this.…
Now notice that the name Employees is here,…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Determine the steps for generating a SharePoint list from an Excel table.
- Recognize how to set options for default list forms.
- Modify form layouts using InfoPath Designer.
- Summarize how to put together an Access web app to utilize as a list form.
- Identify how to formulate Excel surveys.
- Discover how to share the results of Excel surveys.
Skill Level Intermediate
SharePoint Designer 2013: Custom Workflowswith Gini von Courter6h 51m Intermediate
1. Understanding Forms in SharePoint
2. Using InfoPath to Create List Forms
3. Creating Custom Forms with Access Web Apps
4. Using Excel Surveys to Create Forms
Next steps2m 56s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.