Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Modifying a web-app form, part of SharePoint 2013: Customizing List Forms.
- Here's the same form we just saw when we launched the app.…We only have one table.…The form's already selected.…Notice that we have a choice to open it in Browser,…which launches the app.…We can also choose Edit,…which is the same as this button.…We can rename this, if we wish,…duplicate it to build another form that's similar,…or we can delete this form.…I'd want to edit it.…It will load on a separate tab.…Here's our form.…You'll notice here the ActionBar at the top,…that has our buttons to be able to edit,…delete, save, and so on.…
And then we have our fields.…Here are the labels,…and here are the text boxes or,…in this case, we have a check box and so on.…Now, when the whole form is selected,…we have a Data button tied to the Record Source,…we have formatting for the form as a whole,…which basically says what's the caption gonna be,…and is this ActionBar visible?…We would turn the ActionBar off…if we wanted to create a form…that was read only.…And then we have the ability to add some actions…that are macros, basically,…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Determine the steps for generating a SharePoint list from an Excel table.
- Recognize how to set options for default list forms.
- Modify form layouts using InfoPath Designer.
- Summarize how to put together an Access web app to utilize as a list form.
- Identify how to formulate Excel surveys.
- Discover how to share the results of Excel surveys.
Skill Level Intermediate
SharePoint Designer 2013: Custom Workflowswith Gini von Courter6h 51m Intermediate
1. Understanding Forms in SharePoint
2. Using InfoPath to Create List Forms
3. Creating Custom Forms with Access Web Apps
4. Using Excel Surveys to Create Forms
Next steps2m 56s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.