Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Editing your Excel survey, part of SharePoint 2013: Customizing List Forms.
- There are three specific things I'd like to show you here.…The first is that we had drop-down lists in our form.…We don't have them here in our spreadsheet.…So if you want someone to add information,…the best way to do that would be…to have them use the form,…even if they're internal to your organization,…because they're going to get more support.…The second thing I'd like to note is that…you can get back to the survey here.…You can click View Survey, and you can edit the survey…either here or there's a link to Edit the Survey.…
You can delete the survey, and if you do,…it's gone, totally, and no longer available,…or when you click Share Survey you can actually choose…to stop sharing the survey.…That doesn't make it go away.…So you could have a survey that you fire up…for one month each year,…and the other 11 months you choose to turn that off.…But when we're talking about the survey,…we're actually talking about being able to share…and work with this form.…And so, on the Insert tab in the Tables group…is where you find the tools that will allow you to do this.…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Determine the steps for generating a SharePoint list from an Excel table.
- Recognize how to set options for default list forms.
- Modify form layouts using InfoPath Designer.
- Summarize how to put together an Access web app to utilize as a list form.
- Identify how to formulate Excel surveys.
- Discover how to share the results of Excel surveys.
Skill Level Intermediate
SharePoint Designer 2013: Custom Workflowswith Gini von Courter6h 51m Intermediate
1. Understanding Forms in SharePoint
2. Using InfoPath to Create List Forms
3. Creating Custom Forms with Access Web Apps
4. Using Excel Surveys to Create Forms
Next steps2m 56s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.