Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating a SharePoint list from an Excel table, part of SharePoint 2013: Customizing List Forms.
- I'd like to recommend that you…create a site just for your use in this course.…If you have only one site already,…you can create a sub-site if you wish,…but you'll want to isolate the work we're doing here…from any production environment or test environment,…anything else that you're doing,…and this is the site I'll be using.…It's called SP Forms.…The very first thing that we're gonna do…is create a new list on this site.…If you have access to the exercise files,…you'll wanna open the Employees list in Excel.…It's in the data folder and it looks like this,…just a list of employees,…we have ID's, first and last names,…the building and department they work in,…their employment status, hire date, and email.…
This, actually, has been formatted as a table already,…and I know that because when I select a cell…I have TABLE TOOLS available,…and one of my choices is to be able…to export my data to a SharePoint list,…which makes this all very easy.…If you don't have access to the exercise files,…you can use any data set you wish…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Determine the steps for generating a SharePoint list from an Excel table.
- Recognize how to set options for default list forms.
- Modify form layouts using InfoPath Designer.
- Summarize how to put together an Access web app to utilize as a list form.
- Identify how to formulate Excel surveys.
- Discover how to share the results of Excel surveys.
Skill Level Intermediate
SharePoint Designer 2013: Custom Workflowswith Gini von Courter6h 51m Intermediate
1. Understanding Forms in SharePoint
2. Using InfoPath to Create List Forms
3. Creating Custom Forms with Access Web Apps
4. Using Excel Surveys to Create Forms
Next steps2m 56s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.