Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating an Excel survey, part of SharePoint 2013: Customizing List Forms.
- As of the time this course was recorded,…SharePoint Online supported Excel surveys…and OneDrive supports Excel surveys…and some particular…on-premises installations also support it.…So it's not true that if you have…SharePoint enterprise on-premises it's guaranteed…that you can create Excel surveys,…but if you are running OneDrive for business,…you should be able to.…And if you are running Office 365,…and that's where your SharePoint is living,…then you will have access to this,…even if it's not enterprise SharePoint.…
To create a new Excel survey, click new, Excel survey.…And this is how you know you have…this functionality, right here.…If you don't, you might wanna try this…by going to OneDrive, because you'll have…this functionality sooner or later,…and I'd like you to be able to see it.…And it works in exactly the same way,…new, Excel survey.…You need to provide a name for your document,…and notice that what you're creating…is an Excel spreadsheet.…That's why we're creating it like a document.…So I'm going to call this ServiceSurvey.…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Determine the steps for generating a SharePoint list from an Excel table.
- Recognize how to set options for default list forms.
- Modify form layouts using InfoPath Designer.
- Summarize how to put together an Access web app to utilize as a list form.
- Identify how to formulate Excel surveys.
- Discover how to share the results of Excel surveys.
Skill Level Intermediate
SharePoint Designer 2013: Custom Workflowswith Gini von Courter6h 51m Intermediate
1. Understanding Forms in SharePoint
2. Using InfoPath to Create List Forms
3. Creating Custom Forms with Access Web Apps
4. Using Excel Surveys to Create Forms
Next steps2m 56s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.