Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating the Departments and CurrEmployees lists, part of SharePoint 2013: Customizing List Forms.
- If you have a typical SharePoint site,…you have many, many lists that include lookups…and that's because lookups are incredibly powerful.…They allow you and I, as administrators,…to determine the content of the choices…that are available to users…and it makes it easy for our users.…Rather than having to determine…what they might wanna type in as a department name,…they get to choose from a drop-down list.…And this is just a great way to do this.…So, if you're used to having lookups,…you might wanna create this example that I have…or use an example that you have already.…
This was created by creating two new tables…and let me just tell you a little bit about that.…The first table is a departments table…and you can create this if you have access…to the exercise files by simply using…the departments Excel spreadsheet…that's in the data folder to create…a new table called department or departments…or whatever you would choose.…Then, I've re-created the employees table.…Now, the employees table that we were working with…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Determine the steps for generating a SharePoint list from an Excel table.
- Recognize how to set options for default list forms.
- Modify form layouts using InfoPath Designer.
- Summarize how to put together an Access web app to utilize as a list form.
- Identify how to formulate Excel surveys.
- Discover how to share the results of Excel surveys.
Skill Level Intermediate
SharePoint Designer 2013: Custom Workflowswith Gini von Courter6h 51m Intermediate
1. Understanding Forms in SharePoint
2. Using InfoPath to Create List Forms
3. Creating Custom Forms with Access Web Apps
4. Using Excel Surveys to Create Forms
Next steps2m 56s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.