Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Changing control types, part of SharePoint 2013: Customizing List Forms.
- I can easily preview this form…to see what the user experience will be like.…I simply need to click Preview here on the Home tab,…and it says, "You're going to be connecting to data.…"I have no clue what you're doing."…I'm gonna say, "That's okay."…This issue doesn't happen when I'm actually running…the form on the server because SharePoint…and the form are in the same place…because I'm connecting to a data source…on the server to be able to use my form.…This is what it looks like.…So it's asking me for my employee information…and I could fill in a new ID for employee 1021.…
So there's the first thing is, notice,…that's formatted as a number and I actually…don't want a comment to show up there…so I'll need to go correct the field…in SharePoint, or I can correct the control here.…But then I'll have to fix it…in every form it occurs in.…Perhaps, this is my information.…I'm in the IT Department.…This seems to work real nicely.…My hire date, yup.…Status drop-down would be nice there as well.…Click here to attach a file.…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Determine the steps for generating a SharePoint list from an Excel table.
- Recognize how to set options for default list forms.
- Modify form layouts using InfoPath Designer.
- Summarize how to put together an Access web app to utilize as a list form.
- Identify how to formulate Excel surveys.
- Discover how to share the results of Excel surveys.
Skill Level Intermediate
SharePoint Designer 2013: Custom Workflowswith Gini von Courter6h 51m Intermediate
1. Understanding Forms in SharePoint
2. Using InfoPath to Create List Forms
3. Creating Custom Forms with Access Web Apps
4. Using Excel Surveys to Create Forms
Next steps2m 56s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.