SharePoint 2010 Essential Training
In SharePoint 2010 Essential Training, author Simon Allardice demonstrates the full feature set in SharePoint 2010 and the necessary skills to be a SharePoint site administrator. The course shows how to use SharePoint, create sites and site collections, and plan and design sites and portals. It also covers Office integration, security and permissions, and advanced features such as document management and business intelligence.
- Understanding a SharePoint team site
- Navigating lists and libraries
- Creating Document Workspaces
- Using versioning and check-in/check-out
- Integrating with Office 2010 applications
- Adding and deleting users
- Creating workflows
- Working with server site templates
- Creating a wiki and a blog
- Working with rich media
- Managing documents and other content
- Sharing information with charts and status indicators
Hi! I am Simon Allardice and welcome to SharePoint 2010 Essential Training. In this course, we are going to dive deep into exploring SharePoint's features and benefits. We'll see how to create SharePoint sites and work with Site Collections, handle Office integration, security and permissions, and even explore advanced features like document management and business intelligence. We're going to go beyond just what you need to get started with SharePoint and really get to grips with this technology. SharePoint is huge and it can take time to really learn.
But when you choose correctly, it makes your life easier. If you're looking for SharePoint to help grow your business, help you or your colleagues work together, or maybe you've just heard that you're supposed to know this thing called SharePoint, you're in the right place. SharePoint is one of the fastest- growing products that Microsoft has ever had, and it's becoming more important every day to know how to work with it. Now you may have had some exposure to SharePoint already, but I'm going to start from the very beginning. So I expect no SharePoint knowledge, but you should be familiar with the Microsoft Office products, things like Word and Excel and Outlook.
So with that, let's begin with SharePoint 2010 Essential Training.
Find answers to the most frequently asked questions about SharePoint 2010 Essential Training .
Here are the FAQs that matched your search "" :
- Q: In the "Adding a user to a site" movie, the instructor shows how to add a user to SharePoint and demonstrates by adding a user named “gini.” But gini is already set up and recognized by SharePoint. What if I have no users set yet? How can I add someone?
- A: SharePoint doesn't store a separate user database; it wants to be pointed to an existing source of users, like Active Directory. If you don't have that, you need to first add your new users as local accounts on the Windows box you installed SharePoint on. Only then will you be able to give them permission on a SharePoint site.
Sorry, there are no matches for your search "" —to search again, type in another word or phrase and click search.
SharePoint 2013 Essential Training1,007,299 Views
SharePoint Online Essential Training (2013)1,170,142 Views
Foundations of Programming: Fundamentals6,728,971 Views
Excel 2013 Essential Training5,659,883 Views
HTML Essential Training3,250,120 Views
PHP with MySQL Essential Training3,907,848 Views
InfoPath 2010 Essential Training649,690 Views
SharePoint Designer 2010: Building Custom Workflows542,413 Views
Access 2013 Essential Training2,494,302 Views