Join Timothy Pintello for an in-depth discussion in this video Zone creation and Active Directory, part of Windows Server 2012 R2: Configure Advanced Network Services.
- View Offline
- Now let's go ahead and look at…Zone Creation and Active Directory.…Storing zone data in Active Directory can be…done by choosing the Active Directory integration.…Also, you can store stub zone data…in Active Directory as well.…Finally, you can also store forwarder data…in Active Directory.…However, you cannot store secondary zone data…in Active Directory.…Usually, the conditions of the storage…is set at the time of creation of the zone.…
However, you do have the option…of adding or changing it…after the zone has been created…using the DNS management console.…You also have the option of converting a file based DNS zone…into an Active Directory-integrated zone.…Unfortunately, you can't do either one of these…in PowerShell.…Now that I'm in my domain controller…where I've set up my Landon Hotel domain,…I can come over here to my tools…and choose DNS…and this will again bring up my DNS management tool.…
Once I've brought my DNS management tool,…I can go ahead and expand my server…and then I can expand,…and in my Forward Lookup Zones that I've created,…
This Windows training course helps you study for the exams while learning advanced server administration techniques. Professor Timothy Pintello covers all of the core exam topics, including DHCPv6, primary and secondary DNS zone configuration, working with different DNS resource record types, VPN routing, certificates for direct access, IPAM admin delegation, and more.
- Implementing advanced DHCP solutions
- Configuring DNS zones
- Configuring DNS records
- Implementing advanced DNS solutions
- Configuring VPN and routing
- Configuring direct access
- Deploying and managing IPAM
Skill Level Intermediate
Configuring Windows Server 2012 R2 Hyper-Vwith Timothy Pintello2h 24m Intermediate
1. Implement an Advanced Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol Solution
2. Configure DNS Zones
3. Configure DNS Records
4. Configure DNS Record Options
5. Implement an Advanced DNS Solution
6. Configure Virtual Private Network (VPN) and Routing
8. Deploy and Manage IP Address Management (IPAM)
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.