- Creating a Group Policy object
- Group Policy inheritance
- Adjusting Group Policy preferences and settings
- Running a Group Policy update
- Troubleshooting Group Policy
- Adjusting security settings and policies
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Ed] Group policy has been a major part of Windows Server Management going all the way back to the days of Windows 2000 Server, and continues to be used today. Now to be a successful administrator who manages a Microsoft network, it's crucial to have a solid understanding of how to control the users' environment. How do you do that you might ask? Well one way is by using group policy. You're going to learn all about group policy processing, where we'll get into the details of something called group policy objects, and the settings within those objects, and how they are applied to the clients. We're also going to check out a couple of troubleshooting tools, which will come in very handy when group policy just isn't working quite the way you expected. Now let me introduce myself real quick here, my name is Ed Liberman, and I've been teaching people about Windows Server since the 1990s. So please join me in my LinkedIn Learning course on implementing group policy in Windows Server 2019.