In this video, Scott Burrell introduces the Windows Insider program and invites all IT professionals to join the program and participate in the future development of Windows.
- [Instructor] Time will tell how Microsoft will use…the two parallel release channels over the long haul.…The quick release of features in the semi-annual channels,…and the long-term reliability that people…have come to rely on,…provide different assurances to different people.…The not so gradual move of many services…and server roles to Azure,…may take part of this decision…out of the administrators hands.…However you look at it,…there is change coming down the line…and however that change plays out one thing is for sure,…you don't want to be surprised by a decision…outside of your hands,…may throw a wrench into your IT's strategic plan.…
You can stay in the know by reading articles…on popular tech news sites,…and subscribing to Microsoft's online magazines.…Or you could be part of the conversation.…Windows Insiders is a program that Microsoft introduced,…to give the tech community access to the ever evolving…versions of Windows.…When Nano Server was introduced in Windows Server 2016,…there was overwhelming response from the community…
AuthorScott M Burrell
- Roles and features
- Upgrades and migration
- Defender and Firewall
- Windows Admin Center
- Planning sites and services
- Environments: hybrid cloud hyper-converged
- Identity and access roles
- Staying up to date
Skill Level Intermediate
Windows Server 2016: Storage Serviceswith Robert McMillen3h 16m Intermediate
What you should already know1m 55s
1. Getting Started
2. Management and Administration
3. Windows Server Environments
4. Storage Solutions
5. Identity and Access Roles
7. Going Forward
Windows Insider program4m 2s
Next steps1m 18s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.