Learn about the features of the Windows Firewall with Advanced Protection, with information on how to find, edit, and create rules for individual servers.
- [Instructor] The Windows Firewall with Advanced Security…remains one of the more important security features…to build into the server operating system.…Windows Defender ATP was designed on the premise…that a breach will happen.…No matter how tight the perimeter may be…when the product is released,…at some point a vulnerability will be discovered…or created, and when that happens,…you want the best team in place to respond.…The Windows Firewall is designed to block…everything that you can on an individual server,…everything that is, except for the traffic that you want.…
In the Windows Security app, you can do basic tasks…like define what the protection will be…if you're in your domain or if you're in a private…or a public network profile.…Your servers, however, probably don't wander…into coffee shops the way your users' laptops will.…But this profile architecture is there just the same.…When I open up the firewall and network protection,…there are some quick links to complete…basic common tasks.…
I can use this link to allow an app through the firewall,…
AuthorScott M Burrell
- Roles and features
- Upgrades and migration
- Defender and Firewall
- Windows Admin Center
- Planning sites and services
- Environments: hybrid cloud hyper-converged
- Identity and access roles
- Staying up to date
Skill Level Intermediate
Windows Server 2016: Storage Serviceswith Robert McMillen3h 16m Intermediate
What you should already know1m 55s
1. Getting Started
2. Management and Administration
3. Windows Server Environments
4. Storage Solutions
5. Identity and Access Roles
7. Going Forward
Windows Insider program4m 2s
Next steps1m 18s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.