In this video, learn about important upgrades to Windows Defender, along with a description of how including Advanced Threat Protection can better secure your local servers.
- [Narrator] One of the most important feature…sets on an operating system today,…would have to be the security options.…Windows Server 2019 has improved on the features of Windows…Defender at the local machine level and added a whole new…dimension to threat protection, detection, and response.…The local installation of Windows Defender has more options…and more protection than previous versions.…This is a Windows 2019 Server.…
In fact, it's the one that we configured at the very…beginning of the course, but you can see these…on any Windows Server 2019 installation.…If I click on the start menu, and select Windows Security,…we can see categories that match things…that you would expect from many third party…malware and personal firewall products.…This is already a better start than…what we had in Server 2016.…If I click on Virus and Threat Protection,…I can scroll down and see that there's even a piece…specifically designed to combat ransomware.…
Those nasty pieces of malware that steal or block…access to your proprietary data,…
AuthorScott M Burrell
- Roles and features
- Upgrades and migration
- Defender and Firewall
- Windows Admin Center
- Planning sites and services
- Environments: hybrid cloud hyper-converged
- Identity and access roles
- Staying up to date
Skill Level Intermediate
Windows Server 2016: Storage Serviceswith Robert McMillen3h 16m Intermediate
What you should already know1m 55s
1. Getting Started
2. Management and Administration
3. Windows Server Environments
4. Storage Solutions
5. Identity and Access Roles
7. Going Forward
Windows Insider program4m 2s
Next steps1m 18s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.